Thursday, May 19, 2011

Arma 3 - where we are going

As all of you probably know by now, official ArmA 3 information has been released. Being nearly halfway through 2011 , it is time to start giving some dates.

In August I plan to ready and probably release modules to the SOF addon pack. It will probably only consist of 2001-2002,2003-2004 and 2005-06 series. The packs will probably not be complete, at least the later series.

Earlier I do plan to release some more development builds. There will be a cutoff for that too though, as I may go on vacation or find public development builds no longer suitable. From there forth there will be private and group testing.

As of now I am discussing the news with team members and we will be deciding the private 'plans' so to speak.
For now I can assure that development will start for Arma 3 later this year or during 2012, and that after all modules have reached an acceptable development stage they will be released and Arma 2 work will be  ceased indefinitely. ArmA 3 will most likely allow me to go over some hurtles I had to run around in ArmA 2. There are limitations that hopefully will be relieved and much more detail will be seen.

I do plan to also expand upon the blog to include more of my ramblings and concept work related to my work.

I hope you all are excited as I am about the news!

No comments:

Post a Comment